02 March 2011

I'll Be Adopting Django for My Web Development Projects

From all of the web development frameworks that I have evaluated so far I have liked the Catalyst framework (Perl) the best for my needs; however, it's been murderously difficult to get it working properly on my aging Powerbook G4 running OS X Tiger 10.4.11, and so I've decided that awesome Catalyst-only features that make my day notwithstanding that I should switch to django which was a cinch to get installed and configured.

I'm working today on building a better directory script (along the lines of DMOZ) that I can use for a few directory sites that I want to launch.  I plan to open-source the directory software once complete via Google Code and monetize it by selling templates for it.

We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Just a note: I got the Catalyst framework installed using ActiveState Perl 5. It turned out to be an issue with the Perl and CPAN that was included with OS X 10.4.11.

    ReplyDelete